Post New Article

Report: Alleged Gunmen in San Diego Mosque
Attack Identified

Original Article

Posted By: Dreadnought, 5/19/2026 1:34:52 AM

RedState reported earlier on a mass shooting that took place at the Islamic Center of San Diego on Monday, just before noon Pacific time, which left three dead. In addition to the three victims, which included a security guard at the mosque who reportedly "played a pivotal role" in saving lives, the two alleged gunmen, said to be teenagers, were also found dead in a nearby vehicle located by police. Investigators believe the two died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds. We're learning new information on Monday evening about the two suspects, including their names and possible motivations: The alleged gunmen

Post Reply

Reminder: “WE ARE A SALON AND NOT A SALOON”

Your thoughts, comments, and ideas are always welcome here. But we ask you to please be mindful and respectful. Threatening or crude language doesn't persuade anybody and makes the conversation less enjoyable for fellow L.Dotters.

Below, you will find ...
Most Recent Articles posted by "Dreadnought"
and
Most Active Articles (last 48 hours)
Most Recent Articles posted by Dreadnought"
Report: Alleged Gunmen in San Diego Mosque
Attack Identified
0 replies
Posted by Dreadnought 5/19/2026 1:34:52 AM Post Reply
RedState reported earlier on a mass shooting that took place at the Islamic Center of San Diego on Monday, just before noon Pacific time, which left three dead. In addition to the three victims, which included a security guard at the mosque who reportedly "played a pivotal role" in saving lives, the two alleged gunmen, said to be teenagers, were also found dead in a nearby vehicle located by police. Investigators believe the two died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds. We're learning new information on Monday evening about the two suspects, including their names and possible motivations: The alleged gunmen
Democrats Face Midterm Disappointment 0 replies
Posted by Dreadnought 5/19/2026 1:30:27 AM Post Reply
As they look to the midterm elections, Republicans have reason to worry — but not despair. They're going to be fighting uphill all the way to hold onto their majority in the House, which they currently control by the razor-thin margin of just six seats. That includes one member, California Rep. Kevin Kiley, who officially left the GOP but still caucuses with the party. "Fragile" hardly does justice to the state of the GOP's House majority. Democrats look at President Donald Trump's approval ratings and exult: As of early May, exactly six months before the midterms, Trump's approval in the RealClearPolitics polling averages
Politico: 'Smartest Guy In the Political
Morgue' Belatedly Realizes Trump's Relevance;
Update: NYT Too?
1 reply
Posted by Dreadnought 5/18/2026 11:22:29 PM Post Reply
True enough. But to be fair, Politico only realized it belatedly, too. Donald Trump finally got his revenge on Bill Cassidy this weekend. The incumbent Senator tried to survive a primary challenge with Trump pushing voters to give him the boot over Cassidy's impeachment removal vote in January 2021. Instead, Cassidy came in a distant third to Julia Letlow and John Fleming, not even breaking into six figures in vote totals: Sen. Bill Cassidy, who voted to convict President Donald Trump on impeachment charges in 2021, has lost his Republican primary in Louisiana, as two challengers who had aligned with Trump advanced to a runoff.
Elon Musk loses court battle against Sam
Altman and OpenAI after 3-week trial
3 replies
Posted by Dreadnought 5/18/2026 1:59:01 PM Post Reply
After less than two hours of deliberations, a jury rejected Elon Musk's claims against OpenAI CEO Sam Altman, ending a dramatic chapter in the bitter rivalry between the two tech billionaires, who were once close friends. The court, led by U.S. District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers, agreed with the advisory jury's determination that Altman and OpenAI were not liable, and that "claims of breach of charitable trust and unjust enrichment are dismissed as untimely." Addressing the judge, Musk's lead counsel, Steven Molo, reserved his client's right to appeal, though Gonzales Rogers said she's prepared to dismiss an appeal "on the spot."
Abbott Urges Adult Charges for Teens Who
Committed 12 Shootings
14 replies
Posted by Dreadnought 5/18/2026 12:04:41 PM Post Reply
Three suspects, including two teenagers, committed a staggering 12 shootings in the Austin area over the weekend. The Texas governor wants to see them behind bars for a long time, instead of released as “misguided minors” to shoot more people. The 15-year-old stole his gun on Saturday from the exact same store where the 17-year-old accomplice had already stolen a firearm. There was a warrant out for the latter’s arrest over the theft. ABC7 KATV did not provide names for any of the suspects, but merely said that the third suspect fled the vehicle when officers stopped it to arrest the teenagers. Officers were pursuing the vehicle when
"Lasers, Bing, Bing, Gone": Inside Trump's
Graphic Warning To Iran
6 replies
Posted by Dreadnought 5/18/2026 12:17:13 AM Post Reply
Washington: As Washington and Tehran sit locked in a test of wills, waiting to see who blinks first to end the stalemate in war in the Middle East, US President Donald Trump has unleashed a late-night social media tirade, flooding his Truth Social platform with AI-generated images of missile strikes on Iranian boats, outer space warfare, and an American flag over Iran. In a span of a few hours, Trump shared over 20 images, most threatening escalation of US military action over Iran. One image posted by the US leader showed a map of Iran with an American flag overlaid on it,
At least 6 Americans in Congo were exposed
to Ebola virus, sources say
14 replies
Posted by Dreadnought 5/17/2026 9:59:28 PM Post Reply
At least six Americans were exposed to Ebola virus in the Democratic Republic of Congo, sources with international aid organizations told CBS News, although it was unclear if any had been infected. Three of the Americans faced a high-risk contact or exposure, the sources said, and one was symptomatic. It wasn't immediately clear whether the Americans are still in Congo. The health news organization STAT was first to report on the exposures. The World Health Organization this week declared the Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda a "public health emergency of international concern." At least 80 suspected deaths have been reported, the WHO said Saturday.
Iran Reportedly Hits UAE Nuclear Site,
and Trump's Patience With the Regime Appears Finished
20 replies
Posted by Dreadnought 5/17/2026 8:20:35 PM Post Reply
President Donald Trump is back from China with a very clear message to the Iranian regime. “For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, and they better get moving, FAST, or there won’t be anything left of them. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!” Before Trump left for China, it was clear that his patience with the Iranian regime was wearing thin. So if they didn't get it before, they should listen now. It's time to fish or cut bait, and if they do not, they're going to have a very unfortunate 'find out" moment. The Iranian regime still appears to be misbehaving, as they're believed to be behind a serious drone strike
10 random weekend shootings leave 4 injured
in Austin, Texas, mayor says
6 replies
Posted by Dreadnought 5/17/2026 7:51:37 PM Post Reply
AUSTIN, Texas — Two people were in custody and a third suspect was being sought following at least 10 random weekend shootings in Austin, Texas, including at fire stations, that left four people injured, city officials said Sunday. The city had ordered residents of a large part of the southern area of Texas’ capital city to shelter in place Sunday while the search continued. With two suspects in custody, the order was later lifted, the Austin Police Department said in a post on X. The shootings occurred Saturday night and Sunday morning, two of them at fire stations,
Democrats blast Trump over ‘slush fund’
in possible IRS lawsuit settlement
10 replies
Posted by Dreadnought 5/15/2026 9:30:43 PM Post Reply
Democratic lawmakers on Friday slammed the Trump administration over reports that President Donald Trump would drop his $10 billion lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service in an exchange for what some called a $1.7 billion “slush fund.” “This administration is dripping with corruption from top to bottom, but rushing a settlement to steal $1.7 billion taxpayer dollars for a slush fund before a judge can toss your junk lawsuit would be among the most corrupt acts in American political history,” Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., the top Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee. “This lawsuit has never been anything more
Trump poised to drop IRS suit, launch
$1.7B 'weaponization' fund for allies: Sources
1 reply
Posted by Dreadnought 5/15/2026 9:28:21 PM Post Reply
President Donald Trump is expected to drop his $10 billion lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service in exchange for the creation of a $1.7 billion fund to compensate allies who claim they were wrongfully targeted by the Biden administration, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News. The commission overseeing the compensation fund would have the total authority to hand out approximately $1.7 billion in taxpayer funds to settle claims brought by anyone who alleges they were harmed by the Biden administration's "weaponization" of the legal system, including the nearly 1,600 individuals charged in connection with the Jan. 6 Capitol attack
Trump Delivers 12 Straight
Months of Zero Southwest Border Migrant
Releases as Illegal Crossings Collapse
by 94 Percent
13 replies
Posted by Dreadnought 5/15/2026 10:47:42 AM Post Reply
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced this week that April marked twelve consecutive months of zero releases of illegal aliens apprehended by Border Patrol at the southwest border with Mexico into the United States — a milestone officials say reflects the most secure border in American history under President Donald Trump. DHS reports a 94 percent drop in illegal border apprehensions compared to the Biden era, with daily crossings now lower than what agents encountered in a single hour at the height of the 2023 crisis. Twelve straight months of ZERO releases at the border. Under President Donald Trump’s leadership, we are delivering the most secure border in American history,”
Most Active Articles (last 48 hours)
Kamala Harris’ Dangerous Brainstorm 19 replies
Posted by gaboy 5/18/2026 12:17:58 AM Post Reply
For a sense of how bereft the Democrats are of credible leaders and sensible policy ideas all one has to do is listen to the remarks of former Vice President Kamala Harris on the Win with Black Women podcast. She proposed a “no bad ideas brainstorm” in which Democrats would discuss “What we need to do, and think about doing, around the Electoral College … expanding the Supreme Court … statehood for Puerto Rico and D.C.” Harris, whom most polls of Democrat voters show as the front-runner for their party’s 2028 presidential nomination, said this as if offering fresh ideas.
Abbott Urges Adult Charges for Teens Who
Committed 12 Shootings
14 replies
Posted by Dreadnought 5/18/2026 12:04:41 PM Post Reply
Three suspects, including two teenagers, committed a staggering 12 shootings in the Austin area over the weekend. The Texas governor wants to see them behind bars for a long time, instead of released as “misguided minors” to shoot more people. The 15-year-old stole his gun on Saturday from the exact same store where the 17-year-old accomplice had already stolen a firearm. There was a warrant out for the latter’s arrest over the theft. ABC7 KATV did not provide names for any of the suspects, but merely said that the third suspect fled the vehicle when officers stopped it to arrest the teenagers. Officers were pursuing the vehicle when
Video: AOC Wheels Out Political Prop We've
Never Seen Before - A Bulletproof Barrier,
But There's a Giant Problem
13 replies
Posted by ConservativeYankee 5/18/2026 7:05:46 PM Post Reply
Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was lampooned on social media for using a bulletproof shield on wheels while delivering a race-baiting rant on “voting rights.” The clown show unfolded Saturday at a rally in Montgomery, Alabama, where the Bronx Bolshevik tried to incite left-wing outrage following a Supreme Court decision repudiating race-based congressional redistricting as unconstitutional. The most notable part of AOC’s staged stunt was her absurd use of a portable bulletproof glass panel divider. “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez champions defunding the police, open borders, and abolishing ICE, yet she shields herself behind bulletproof glass,” one X commenter wrote. “The hypocrisy is hard to ignore.”
Terror not ruled out as 8 injured after
suspect plows car into crowd, stabs man
who tried to stop him from fleeing scene
in Italy
13 replies
Posted by Hazymac 5/18/2026 7:18:09 AM Post Reply
At least eight people were injured Saturday in Modena, Italy when a crazed driver rammed his car into a crowd at full speed — and then knifed a hero who stopped him when he tried to flee following his cowardly act. The man has been identified by authorities as Salim el Koudri, a 31-year-old Italian citizen of Moroccan origin. The motive is not yet known, but a terrorist attack is not being ruled out, Italian newspaper La Pressa reported. El Koudri accelerated suddenly then zigzagged erratically on Via Emilia in the northern Italian city around 4:30 pm, mowing down at least four pedestrians.
Tennessee Dem Steve Cohen tears up on
air after redistricting destroys his reelection bid
12 replies
Posted by Mercedes44 5/18/2026 1:56:40 PM Post Reply
Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen broke down in tears while reflecting on his decision to drop his reelection bid after redistricting all but ensured he had no path to victory. Cohen (D-Tenn.), the sole Democrat in Tennessee’s congressional delegation, lamented the Republicans’ revamping of the Volunteer State’s 9th district, which is majority minority, and railed against redistricting as “bad for democracy.” “I’m upset by this,” the now-outgoing Democrat bemoaned to NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo on Friday. “And I don’t get the criticism of stand and fight.” Why would you fight when they changed the district and there aren’t enough votes for you to win? That’s silly.” Cohen, who has repped the Memphis-centered district since 2007,
Here We Go Again: WHO Says Ebola Is Global
Emergency as U.S. Virologist Smuggles
in Pathogens
12 replies
Posted by Hazymac 5/18/2026 8:00:07 AM Post Reply
If Americans won’t have the meekness to get sick enough ahead of the midterm elections to justify lockdowns and all mail-in ballots, it seems globalists might be willing to manufacture another “global health emergency.” Hopefully Donald Trump and We the People are too smart to fall for that destructive nonsense twice. Naturally, many Americans will ask how an outbreak of Ebola in Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) could possibly necessitate the World Health Organization (WHO) assuring the world that it is in imminent danger of Ebola contagion. But if there is one thing we learned from the COVID-19 lockdowns, it is that the WHO
Ya Think?! Karen Bass Accuses Spencer
Pratt of Tapping Into 'A General Sense'
of Anger
10 replies
Posted by Hazymac 5/18/2026 9:19:05 AM Post Reply
Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass is having a terrible, no good, very bad couple of weeks. Former Reality TV star and mayoral candidate Spencer Pratt leveled Bass in a May 6th mayoral debate. So much so that Bass begged out of another televised debate on May 13, opting to do one-on-one interviews with favored press. And who could be more favorable than the leftist clown car over at MS NOW? On Saturday, Bass appeared with Jonathan Capeheart on "The Weekend" to talk about her goals for her second term. The lowlights: restoring copper wire in the streetlights, and dealing with the problems of L.A. that have "existed for 3-plus decades."
Since When Have Democrats Ever Been ‘High-Minded’? 9 replies
Posted by RockyTCB 5/18/2026 11:05:54 AM Post Reply
Last week, in the wake of the Democrats losing the redistricting battles, House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries said, “We will beat the far-right extremists. We’re going to win in November, and then we’re going to crush their souls as it relates to the extremism that they are trying to unleash on the American people.” To Politico, this is a sign that Democrats had “ditched the niceties,” calling it “a marked reversal from years of high-minded Democratic rhetoric.” MS NOW reports that “Democrats say they are done playing defense.” “Niceties”? “High-minded rhetoric”? “Playing defense”? When have Democrats ever been like that?
3 dead, including hero security guard,
after two teen gunmen open fire at San
Diego mosque before shooting selves
7 replies
Posted by Mercedes44 5/18/2026 6:46:33 PM Post Reply
A total of five people including two teenaged gunmen are dead after an active shooter situation at a San Diego mosque drew a massive police presence, police sources told The Post Monday. One of the victims was a mosque security guard who “played a pivotal role in assisting, this could have been worse,” said a San Diego police officer at the press conference. The suspects, believed to be aged 17 and 19, died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds, police said during a press conference. They fled in a white BMW and were found dead inside the vehicle. Two other adults were killed at the mosque by the gunmen, police said.
Gulf States Negotiating with Iran –
President Trump Delays Further Military
Strikes Pending Outcome
7 replies
Posted by earlybird 5/18/2026 6:24:19 PM Post Reply
President Trump announced on Truth Social that he is delaying further strikes against Iran pending current negotiations with Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar. According to the announcement the Gulf States are negotiating a ‘zero nuclear’ position. This is an interesting development as the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) were previously the ones urging President Trump not to halt the military pressure campaign. PRESIDENT TRUMP – “I have been asked by the Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan,
Newsom’s 23 million-dollar ‘hearing
aid’ scandal just broke and it’s worse
than you think…
7 replies
Posted by earlybird 5/18/2026 2:17:34 PM Post Reply
California has this really great knack for taking a simple problem and turning it into a government-funded disaster that costs millions, helps pretty much nobody, and still gets sold back to the public as a success.The latest example of this is a state program that was supposed to help children get hearing aids. Pretty basic stuff, right? Kids need to hear, families need help, and the state claims it has a solution… Boy, we’re they wrong. And when you look at these shocking numbers, the whole mess feels like a full-blown money laundering scheme. Just another bloated California scam,
Mark Fuhrman, detective at center of OJ
Simpson murder trial, dead at 74
6 replies
Posted by NorthernDog 5/18/2026 7:19:38 PM Post Reply
Mark Fuhrman, the former Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) detective who played a central role in the 1995 O.J. Simpson murder trial, has died at the age of 74. Chief Deputy Coroner Lynette Acebedo of Kootenai County, Idaho, confirmed Fuhrman's death to Fox News on Monday. Fuhrman died last week, according to NBC4. TMZ reported that Fuhrman's death followed a battle with an aggressive form of throat cancer. During the trial for the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, Fuhrman became a key figure after discovering a bloody glove at Simpson’s Rockingham estate. Prosecutors said the item matched
Post New Article