RUSH: Oh, no, no, no, no. It´s very frustrating because we´re now immersed in many circumstances and situations where the last thing that anybody wants to hear are facts. The last thing anybody wants to contemplate is the real truth about something. Instead, everybody wants to live in illusions and advanced political agendas. Greetings, folks. Great to have you. Rush Limbaugh, the EIB Network and the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies. Telephone number if you want to be on the program, 800-282-2882. The e-mail address, ElRushbo@eibnet.com.
#2, the first institution to be taken over by the LPs (Libtards/Progtards) was the media followed by the public education system and the government bureaucracies / federal government - and it has indeed flowed downhill from there.
And the socialists will rush into another set of laws, which will do nothing more than erode our freedoms. Just like with Obamacare - hurry hurry - no time to waste (or read the bill). And then a majority will live (hopefully) to regret it.
There is a time line to the collapse of our culture starting with the introduction of pornography in the late 50´s,drugs in the 60´s,the highjacking of the dem party by extreme radicals in 1972,decriminalization of abortion in 1973,the amorality of the Clinton administration,the legalization of assisted suicide and euthanasia in some states and lately the legalization of same sex marriage.It´s incredible how one thing leads to another.
#6 and 7 Excellent points.After I finished my post it occured to me that the loss of moral authority by the Catholic church has played a role in what has gone on as has the ongoing erosion of taste in movies.When you consider the collapse of our culture and the dumbing down of people via the education system it is no wonder we have elected and reelelcted the worst president in the history of our country.And I haven´t seen or heard anything that suggests things are going to improve with Obama in office. In fact I think they´ll get worse.
Socialism digs its own grave, unfortunately it drags everyone down with it. Although not a religious person, there is no doubt that the Christian and Jewish religious traditions that form the basis of our civilization are good and that their abandonment by so many people has led to degeneracy. As Rush says, you cannot have a culture that murders 50 million babies and not have deep decay. Government cannot make people behave well. America´s basic philosophy is Beat The System. I have watched the consequences for 60 years.
Communist Goals (1963) Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES Thursday, January 10, 1963 .
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman´s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen:
[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev´s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers´ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike. Sources at end.
In the early hours of November 22nd (1963) we learned of the quiet passing of C.S. Lewis and hours later we were brought to our knees when President John F. Kennedy was assassinated and our nation mourned.
On June 17, 1963 the U.S. Supreme Court concluded that any Bible reciting or prayer, in public schools, was deemed unconstitutional.
While American´s have endured great prosperity over the past 40 years we have also lost our moral compass and direction. In reviewing the research, data supports 1963 as a focal point, demonstrating a downward slope in our moral and social decline through 2001.
Thanks for that #11. I kind of knew about this, but never bothered to see how chillingly successful they have been. Everyone was so relieved when the Soviet Empire split apart and now we have a sizable population in our country that embrace every goal of dictators. The useful idiots will still be cheering for this insanity even as everything they take for granted is destroyed or eliminated under a new thug´s boot. I put the link on my facebook. Spread the word while you can, I guess. Maybe one can help another see and so on.
#8, IMHO it was the Catholic Church GIVING away it´s moral authority by making common cause with the democrats during the 70´s, 80´s & 90´s in order to fund their ministry´s and not realizing that one cannot deal with the devil.
Health Reform: The American people don´t want it, even Democrats think it´s a train wreck, and now members of the agency charged with enforcing it have said it´s hazardous to our health, financial and otherwise. While testifying Thursday on Capitol Hill, Daniel Werfel, acting chief of the Internal Revenue Service, the agency charged with enforcing ObamaCare´s mandates, told a House committee he would rather keep his current health insurance plan than make the switch to one offered by the Affordable Care Act. Perhaps he admitted what most Americans believe because he is only the "acting" director about to be replaced.
One big question raised by IRS political targeting is whether Obama officials or their bureaucratic allies unleashed the power of the administrative state for partisan ends. Now evidence is emerging that officials at another agency, the Federal Election Commission, used their enforcement power as an anti-conservative sword. The House Ways and Means Committee this week released emails showing that, in 2008 and 2009, the FEC´s general counsel staff sought tax information about conservative political groups from Lois Lerner of the IRS. Ms. Lerner is the IRS official who took the Fifth before Congress rather than tell her side of the
A (New) Lost Generation: As the media focus on a slight drop in unemployment, an ugly trend gets ignored: the declining participation of young Americans in the job market. We´ll pay for this for decades to come. We keep hearing the job market is "improving" or even "solid," with 162,000 new positions created in July and unemployment falling to 7.4%, the lowest since 2008. But one group is sitting it out. And it´s the one that most enthusiastically embraced Barack Obama in both of his presidential elections: America´s young.
The Libyan Lie: Dozens more CIA operatives were on the ground in Benghazi than previously acknowledged. Were they running guns to Syrian rebels? And why are they and their families now being intimidated? The only thing "phony" about the Benghazi scandal has been the cacophony of falsehoods and obfuscation pouring out of the Obama administration about the night four Americans, including the personal representative of President Obama, Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed. Up to 35 CIA operatives were working in Benghazi the night of the terrorist attack, dozens more than previously reported, raising questions anew of why
RUSH: No, I knew that Obama would take care of it, and Obama took care of it. As quickly as time seems to be flying, it seems like we talked about it in the last three weeks, maybe four weeks. There is a provision in Obamacare that requires members of Congress and their staff to get their health care via Obamacare, via the exchanges. And the story we had, if you recall, was how many member of Congress, but mostly their staff, could not afford it.
RUSH: What the heck is going on here? Have you seen it? "US to Temporarily Shut Down Embassies Around the World Sunday Amid Security Concerns." I was gonna say, have they shut down YouTube or something? Did that guy get outta jail that made the YouTube video? Did he make another one? JOHNNY DONOVAN: And now, from sunny south Florida, it´s Open Line Friday! RUSH: Somebody must have made another video that has enraged the Arab street because we´re shutting down our embassies.
Let us put aside, as he so rarely does, Anthony Weiner’s spambot penis, and consider his wife and putative First Lady. By universal consent, Huma Abedin is “smart, accomplished” (The Guardian), “whip-smart” (The Week), “accomplished” (Time), “smart and accomplished” (The Daily News) – oh, and did I mention “accomplished” (Forbes)? So, if she’s so smart, what has she accomplished? Let us put aside her Muslim Brotherhood family background – let us put it aside in the same corner as Anthony Weiner’s infidel penis, the Muslim Brotherhood being one of the few things on the planet rising even more spectacularly than Anthony.
The CIA has been subjecting operatives to monthly polygraph tests in an attempt to suppress details of a US arms smuggling operation in Benghazi that was ongoing when its ambassador was killed by a mob in the city last year, according to reports. Up to 35 CIA operatives were working in the city during the attack last September on the US consulate that resulted in the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, according to CNN. The circumstances of the attack are a subject of deep division in the US with some Congressional leaders pressing for a
´Big data" is one name for the insight that collecting all the information in a massive database will uncover facts that collecting only some of the information cannot. This is not news to Gen. Keith Alexander, director of the National Security Agency. Gen. Alexander is a zealous advocate of getting it all whenever practically and legally possible. He sees increased agility in uncovering terrorist connections by acquiring vast databases of telephone records, including those of American citizens. Now the intelligence community´s big-data ambitions have prompted big privacy alarms. Edward Snowden´s reckless dump of top-secret documents and bizarre
Government: In a bid to make Americans do "what´s good for them," Obama administration social engineers have come up with a "Nudge" program to manipulate public choices. This won´t end well. ngbfAccording to a report by Fox News, the federal government is hiring a "behavioral insights team" to study ways to subtly influence citizen behavior through "choice architecture." The idea is the brainchild of former White House adviser Cass Sunstein and led by a 26-year-old White House aide who´s recruiting like-minded academics. On paper, the intentions might sound good to some. The claim is that by mastering the nudge, government can
Congressional investigators this week released emails suggesting that staff at the Federal Election Commission have been engaged in their own conservative targeting, with help from the IRS´s infamous Lois Lerner. This means more than just an expansion of the probe to the FEC. It´s a new link to the Obama team. In May this column noted that the targeting of conservatives started in 2008, when liberals began a coordinated campaign of siccing the federal government on political opponents. The Obama campaign helped pioneer this tactic. In late summer of 2008, Obama lawyer Bob Bauer took
Scandal: The former commander of special operations in North Africa says he, like our president, was incommunicado during the Benghazi attack. We may soon hear from the hero who survived 20 hours waiting for help. During the second wave of attacks on Benghazi, diplomatic security agent David Ubben was on the roof of the CIA annex with two former Navy SEALS. Eventually, several rounds of mortar attacks found their mark, killing Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty while shredding Ubben´s right leg. Ubben was stuck on that rooftop for 20 hours before help finally arrived. He can tell us and former
Colin Powell has admitted to exchanging ´very personal´ emails with a Romanian diplomat but denies having an affair with the much younger woman after a hacker threatened to release their intimate messages. The 76-year-old retired general told the Smoking Gun that he met Corina Cretu, 45, roughly 10 years ago when she was working as an assistant to the president of Romania. She is now a member of the European Parliament. ´After I left the Department of State in January 2005 we stayed in touch via email,´ he told TSG.
CNN has uncovered exclusive new information about what is allegedly happening at the CIA, in the wake of the deadly Benghazi terror attack. Four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed in the assault by armed militants last September 11 in eastern Libya. Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret. CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy
Serial sexter Anthony Weiner’s wife partly blamed herself last year when her horndog husband confessed to her that he was at it again. Friends and family told People magazine that Huma Abedin was kicking herself at the time for bailing out of couples counseling and focusing more on their newborn baby boy. But, thanks to a new round of joint therapy that continues even now, the couple was able to put the relapse behind them. “They really became a unit, and she feels much closer to Anthony now,” a relative told the magazine. That’s a long way from how Abedin
The United States will temporarily shut down its embassies and consulates around the world Sunday, including those in Iraq, Afghanistan and Egypt, as a precautionary measure, the State Department said Thursday. State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf did not say how long the international installations would stay closed -- only that the decision was taken “out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees and others who may be visiting.” Sunday is a normal workday in many Arab and Middle Eastern countries. Embassies in Europe and Latin America would be shuttered that day anyway.
In preparation for the release of Oscar-bait film The Butler, Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, and director Lee Daniels (Precious) sat down with Parade magazine. The film chronicles a butler (Whitaker) who works in the White House through seven administrations. Winfrey plays the butler’s wife. In the interview, Winfrey explained her sadness that so few Americans know about the history of the civil rights movement: “They don’t know diddly-squat. Diddly-squat.” She then said of the historic use of the n-word, “I always think of the millions of people who heard that as their last
American scientists claim the planet is undergoing one of the largest changes in climate in the past 65 million years. Climatologists at Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment have warned the likely rate of change over the next century will be at least 10 times quicker than any climate shift since the dinosaurs became extinct. If the trend continues at its current rapid pace, it will place significant stress on terrestrial ecosystems around the world, and many species will need to make behavioral, evolutionary or geographic adaptations to survive, they said.
[Video] Ouch. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie turned down an offer by Sen. Rand Paul to join him for a beer and bury the hatchet in their ongoing -- and very public -- feud. "I´m running for re-election in New Jersey. I don´t really have time for that at the moment," Christie said in an interview on a local radio station. The New Jersey governor said if he finds himself in Washington, "I´ll certainly look him up." But he added: "I don´t suspect I´ll be there anytime soon. I´ve got work to do here."
About 400 area retail and fast-food workers, together with colleagues nationally, participated in a strike Thursday to demand raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour. “If not $15, then something. I mean give us something. I work 36 hours a week and barely make enough to pay my rent, gas bill, light bill. It gets to the point where I barely have enough for lunch sometimes,” said Angel Richardson, 21, who works at McDonald’s. “I’m five months pregnant, what am I going to do in four months? I hope something changes.” The minimum wage is $7.25 nationally and $8.25
Oprah Winfrey said Americans by and large know “diddly-squat” about the history of the civil rights movement. The talk show queen and media mogul made her comments during the promotion of her new film, “The Butler,” about a black man who serves in that capacity through seven administrations at the White House. “They don’t know diddly-squat,” she said in a recent interview with Parade magazine. “Diddly-squat.” Ms. Winfrey also said that when she hears the N-word, she thinks of the “millions of people who heard that as their last word as they were hanging from a tree.”
The administration has popped the bubble of hope some small business had that switching to part-time staff would let them escape the high costs of Obamacare. The Small Business Administration on Thursday created a website to explain to businesses that the government will simply tally up the number of part-time employees firms have to determine if enough hours have been worked to essentially create a "full-time equivalent." Some smaller businesses had thought that if they could get under the 50 full-time employee cap that activates Obamacare by cutting full-time workers and hiring more part-time workers they would escape
Government workers in the city of Seattle have been advised that the terms "citizen" and "brown bag" are potentially offensive and may no longer be used in official documents and discussions. KOMO-TV reports that the city´s Office of Civil Rights instructed city workers in a recent internal memo to avoid using the words because some may find them offensive. "Luckily, we´ve got options," Elliott Bronstein of the Office for Civil Rights wrote in the memo obtained by the station. "For ´citizens,´ how about ´residents?´"
Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) suggested on Friday morning that the tea party movement is comprised of the same types of people who fought against the civil rights movement during the 1960s. Speaking with the Daily Beast, Rangel said of the movement: “It is the same group we faced in the South with those white crackers and the dogs and the police. They didn’t care about how they looked. He added that the tea party movement can be defeated similar to how the civil rights movement eradicated Jim Crow mentality: “It was just fierce indifference to human life that caused